Greenbridge Technology is committed to protecting and respecting your Personal Data. It is the intention of this Privacy Notice to explain to you the information practices of Greenbridge Technology in relation to the Personal Data we collect about you and other users.
|Language used in this Privacy Notice
|You, your, data subject
|Relates to you as a natural living person
|Someone or some people who are legally acting on your behalf
|Refers to external suppliers who your Personal Data may be shared with (e.g. delivery companies)
|Any personal information we hold on you
|Data Protection Act (2018)/General Data Protection Regulation (2016)
|Information Commissioner’s Office. The UK Data Protection Regulator
|European Economic Area/European Union States
|ICO 3 elements:
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice covers how we handle your Personal Data from this website and within our organisation. It does not include any website you have used to access this website or any website that you access from this website.
Under DPA/GDPR, we act as a Data Controller (make decisions) for your Personal Data that we collect and a Data Processor (process your data) or Data Controller for any of your data shared with us by a third party.
This Privacy Notice applies to Personal Data that you have either supplied to us, we have collected or acquired from reputable and compliant sources.
Your Personal Data is protected under the UK Data Protection Act 2018, which is based on the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Personal Data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The Personal Data we may collect from you and process includes:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address
- Personal Data provided as part of a contracted order or agreement with us
- Financial and transaction data, such as credit or debit card number, and bank account information where necessary for processing an order
Other Personal Data that we may collect is:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase and payment method
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on website, pages visited and other anonymous traffic data
- Telephone conversations may be recorded to improve training and to ensure a high level of consistent customer service
- Data we generate to understand customer and market trends
- Website usage information – to better understand and continuously improve our service levels, our website uses Google Analytics to gather statistical information like how many people visits our website, how long they stay on our web pages. This information may include IP addresses used but, does not include any other Personal Data
- Data may be acquired from reputable third parties who will be contracted to provide DPA/GDPR compliant data only
How we use your information
This Privacy Notice tells you how we, Greenbridge Technology, will collect and use your Personal Data for distribution of spare parts and collection/repair/return of consumer electronic devices. We will need to provide our courier and other related third-party service providers, with your contact details in order to collect your device (we only use DPA/GDPR compliant couriers) and we will only share the minimal information required to perform their service of collection and delivery.
Why we need to collect and store Personal Data?
In order for us to provide you with our distribution and repair services we need to collect Personal Data. We are committed to ensuring the information we collect and use is limited for these purposes only. For future marketing purposes we would use Legitimate Interest where relevant or contact you for your additional consent.
Will you share my Personal Data with anyone else?
Where relevant, we may share elements of your Personal Data with third-party service providers contracted to Greenbridge Technology in the course of delivering our service to you. All such third parties are obligated to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide you on our behalf. They also have a responsibility as a Data Processor to delete your Personal Data when it is no longer relevant to the service they provided. Special category Personal Data will only be shared with third parties with your consent unless we are legally obligated otherwise.
Information we receive from third parties
- Business partners – where we have formal relationships with business partners who may introduce new member opportunities to us, data would include personal contact details, information on the areas of interest and data required to fulfil a request, product or service
- References – new trading account, increase in any credit limits or employment opportunities with us may result in us taking out references from third parties. This may be from compliant third-parties or from contacts that you introduce to us for this purpose
- Social media – where you have responded to a promotional item or offer from us through social media facilities such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn etc., we can receive profile information about you which can include your name, address, telephone number(s) and/or your contact details. This information would be used to respond to your interest, to fulfil a request/order from you and/or to send you future information and offers, where you have given clear consent to do so
- Publicly available information – we may seek personal information about you from publicly available sources. This can include your name, address and other publicly available information. As far as possible, we ensure that where any third parties are involved in supplying such information, that they are compliant to do so
- Other – from time to time, we may receive personal information from other sources. We will always endeavour to ensure such information is provided from reputable sources, who are compliant to do so
Third Parties may also be contracted to:
- Improve data safety and security levels
- As part of the business development function
- Statistical analysis exercises
We will share personal information with the relevant agencies and without notice, where we are requested to or suspect fraudulent activities, money laundering, terrorist related activities or where there is another legal requirement to do so.
We will keep and use your Personal Data in terms of any legal or regulatory requirements that we have and can use your data to protect our legal position, if legal action is required, including the recovery of any outstanding debts.
Our standard operations
- To provide the products, services and any other responsibilities that we contract to do so with you
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To confirm your identity as a natural living person
- As part of our billing, payments and recovery processes
We may make credit checks with reputable agencies for the following reasons:
- Where new accounts are opened for the purposes of confirming your identity and your credit history
- Informing the main credit reference agencies of any new credit agreements that we agree with you, which they will keep for 6 years after the agreement has been completed, settled or terminated. This includes the history of how the credit agreement was adhered to
Children under thirteen
Our products and services can be used by children under 13 years old. We will never knowingly collect data from or on children below 13 years old without the consent of a parent or supervising tutor. If you become aware of such a child (or another person) supplying data on that child to us without such consent, please contact us using the information shown in the ‘Contact details’ section at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Data will be used for any legal or general statistical analysis. This usually will not include your specific data, although it will include you in number form (e.g. 121 people gave positive feedback). The statistical data used within our business helps us to judge performance and to make improvements to how we operate.
Special Category data
Any Personal Data about you that can be considered as special category (e.g. your politics, beliefs. medical information etc) will not be processed by us without consent or as a contractual or legal requirement.
Storage of Personal Data
The Personal Data you provide to us will be either securely stored and backed up within the UK or EEA/EU or with a complaint Non-UK/EEA/EU based supplier. Data may also be processed by employees who work for such suppliers.
We will take all reasonable actions to ensure any data processed outside of the UK/EEA/EU protects your privacy rights and handles such data in a secure way. As part of you sharing your data with us, you are agreeing to such data being handled and cared for in this way.
UK International Data transfer agreement and Addendum
Greenbridge can use the IDTA or the Addendum as a transfer tool to comply with Article 46 of the UK GDPR when making restricted transfers.
The IDTA and Addendum replaced standard contractual clauses for international transfers. They take into account the binding judgement of the European Court of Justice.
Selling, hiring or transferring your Personal Data
We do not sell or hire your Personal Data or customer lists to any third-party. We may engage a reputable and trusted third party to contact you on our behalf, with areas that you have given us consent, or as part of our contractual agreement, is a legal requirement or there is clear Legitimate Interest between us. These services may include sending you email, calling you by telephone, information through the post, customer service related communication, arranging deliveries etc.. These third parties will only receive and be authorised to use the minimal data required and contracted to not use your data for any other reason than that contracted for.
We may share your or disclose your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- If we buy, sell or merge any business or assets of that business and are required to share data as part of the buying, selling or merger agreement
- If our website is acquired by a third-party, where data is transferred as part of the purchased assets
Once your Personal Data reaches us, we will use our strict data processes and security procedures to protect it. Including our website, any data transmitted by you to us, is at your own risk until we receive it.
A Cookie is a small text file that is added to your device’s hard drive by a web server within our domain. Cookies cannot be used to run software programs or add a virus to your device. They are unique to you and avoid you having to input the same information and preferences each time you visit our website(s).
Greenbridge Technology uses different types of cookies for different purposes, which are listed below:
Records The user has consented to the cookie consent message.
Live track uses a cookie to track and associate the user with a chat session.
Cookie used if the user chooses to “remember me”.
An ASP.NET session cookie is used to keep the user logged in to a session.
Live track uses a cookie to track and associate the user with a chat session.
To change cookie settings
Cookies can be restricted, blocked, or deleted from Greenbridge.co.uk or any other website via your browser. Each browser has its own operation, you will find the procedure in the help menu of your browser, where you specify the procedure for the removal. For further information:
It is possible that disabling cookies may not work properly or may not allow you to access certain features of the Site.
Modification of conditions
How will Greenbridge Technology use the Personal Data it collects about me?
We will process (collect, store and use) the Personal Data you provide as required by the Data Protection Act 2018. We will always endeavour to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. The timescale for this will vary depending on the requirement. The criteria for this includes:
- The reason we are using your Personal Data. We will keep the minimum amount of data required for that reason and for the timescale that that reason requires (e.g. Warranty and service agreement periods)
- Legal requirements and where a minimum timescale is set (e.g. Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC))
We will keep your Personal Data for the term you have consented to, the contracted term between us or where there is a Legitimate Interest for us to remain in contact with you plus 6 years in case of any queries that you may have (e.g. copy of the original agreement) or for legally required reasons (e.g. HMRC), whichever is the longest period.
Purpose: After you have completed your claim with Greenbridge you may receive a SMS/Email which will enable you to give feedback on your experience using Greenbridge services.
Lawful basis for processing, including basis of legitimate interest:
a. Performance of a contract with you, where you are an individual.
b. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our services, to develop them, improve services and grow our business)
Under what circumstances will you contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How can I find out the Personal Data that the organisation holds about me?
Where Greenbridge Technology is acting as the Data Controller, you have the right to request the services shown below. Please contact our Data Protection Coordinator, who’s details are shown at the end of this Privacy Notice. All requests will be handled as soon as possible after identification has been confirmed and any other information required provided and will be in line with the Data Protection Act 2018:
- Right to be Informed – this Privacy Notice informs you of how we operate with your Personal Data and will be reviewed on a frequent basis
- Right of Access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process
- Right to Rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Right to Erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to Restrict Processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Right to Object – you have the right to object to the processing of Personal Data in certain circumstances. Individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing
- Right to Data Portability- the right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their Personal Data for their own purposes across different services
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making and Profiling – you have the right to ask for intervention or challenge this area in certain circumstances
The full ICO rights under DPA/GDPR can be seen at the Internet link below or by calling them on 0303 123 1113:
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact details” section below
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access these rights?
We accept three of the following five forms of ID when information on your Personal Data is requested:
- Driving License
- National ID Card (Government issued)
- Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- Birth Certificate
What will happen to my Personal Data on the device I send for repair?
Greenbridge Technology cannot accept any responsibility for any loss of Personal Data on your device either whilst in transit to or from us or whilst at our repair centre. All customers are asked to factory reset their device before their item is collected or shipped. As part of our processes, the Personal Data on your device will be wiped from the device. We therefore recommend you backup your Personal Data if you wish to keep any/all of it before your item is collected or shipped. Do not include any passwords or passcodes with the device.
We would always welcome the opportunity to rectify any complaints that you have about your Personal Data and privacy held with us and can be contacted as shown in the ‘Contact details’ section below. If you would like to make a complaint to the ICO, their contact details are:
By phone – 0303 123 1113
Online – https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Contact details of the Data Protection Coordinator:
We are a company based in the UK. Greenbridge Technology is a trading name of Laptop Power NW Ltd, Company Registration 07159039.